Jaume Masia and Tatsuki Suzuki lead Friday at Silverstone
The summer break is finally and officially over! The action of the Moto3 World Championship resumes with the 9th round of the 2023 season at the iconic Silverstone Circuit, and it couldn’t have started any better for Le0pard Racing. Let's now take a look at what happened today at the British Grand Prix:
- A cold and cloudy morning welcomed the first day of action after the summer break.
- Eager to get back on track, both Le0pard riders Jaume Masià and Tatsuki Suzuki went out on a dry track in the morning for Practice 1.
- Lap times got faster as the clock ticked down, with Jaume Masià showing a good pace and finishing the session in 2nd position with a time of 2’12.827. For his part, Tatsuki Suzuki finished 10th with a time of 2’13.728 in his first session back from injury.
- Still in dry conditions, Practice 2 got underway in the afternoon, with Jaume Masià and Tatsuki Suzuki leaving it late to set their best times of the day.
- On a strong Friday for Le0pard Racing, Jaume Masià set a 2’11.403 in Practice 2 to top the combined timesheets ahead of teammate Tatsuki Suzuki, who improved his time to finish 2nd on the combined with a time of 2.11.516.
- Rain threatens tomorrow, but we are prepared whatever the weather!
Jaume Masià, 1st
“Everything is going in the right direction. I needed some laps today to fully adapt to the bike after the summer break, but after that, I felt great again. I like this track and I think it suits us well. We still have a lot of room for improvement this weekend, so we’ll keep working on the little details. I'm happy to have started the weekend like this!”
Tatsuki Suzuki, 2nd
”I missed the last two races before the summer break due to an injury sustained at Mugello. It’s been a tough summer and a rollercoaster season so far. I’m happy to be back and to have started the weekend regaining some confidence. Of course, the weather will play a key role during the weekend, but I think we can be very competitive here”