Jaume Masià steps onto the podium in third position at Sepang
Le0pard Racing completes the Malaysian Grand Prix with Jaume Masià clinching his 9th podium of the season after taking 3rd today at Sepang, while teammate Adrián Fernández crossed the finish line in 6th position:
- Hot temperatures and cloudy skies awaited us at Sepang for race day.
- Le0pard Racing started today’s race from the first spot on the grid with Jaume Masià and from the sixth row with Adrián Fernández in 18th.
- Both Le0pard riders lost a few positions in a close start to the race, but both quickly started to recover, with Jaume Masià taking the lead in the early stages of the race, while Adrián Fernández made his way into 17th after the first laps.
- Although the battle was on in the leading group from the start of the race, Jaume Masià kept his cool, holding the lead.
- With 9 laps to go, while Jaume Masià was pushing hard to reach the podium places again as he dropped some positions, Adrián Fernández moved up to sit in 10th place.
- Jaume Masià hit the front again when it was 8 laps to go, but the battle between the riders in the leading group was nowhere near over.
- Losing the lead in a very tight final stages of the race, Jaume Masià battled hard and ended up crossing the finish line in 3rd place, claiming his 9th podium of the season and maintaining the Championship lead with a 13-point advantage with two races to go.
- For his part, Adrián Fernández kept on climbing up positions and finished today's race in 6th place. However, a penalty given to another rider put Adrián Fernández in 5th position at the end.
- The fight continues. See you in Qatar next week!
Jaume Masià, 3rd
“It’s been a difficult race to manage. Today it’s been hotter than yesterday and the rear grip was on the limit in every single corner. I'm happy with the result as we maintain the lead and get another podium. We have been working race by race, and we will face Qatar in exactly the same way. We’ll keep fighting until the end”
Adrián Fernández, 5th
"I had fun in today's race! At the beginning I lost some positions, but I had a good rhythm and step by step I made my way back. We finished the race with a good result today, but we have to keep working in order to keep improving. It has been a positive weekend overall”