Jaume Masia takes third to claim his second podium in a row
The Spanish Grand Prix has now come to an end, and Le0pard Racing is pleased to say that it’s been a good one for us for many, many reasons:
- Le0pard riders Jaume Masià and Tatsuki Suzuki started the race from 4th and 15th on the grid respectively, moving up one position each due to David Muñoz’s withdrawal in 3rd.
- Although Jaume Masià started the race dropping a few positions, it wasn’t long until the Spaniard was back on top. Tatsuki Suzuki had a great start to the race, moving forward to 11th immediately.
- With a group of six riders, including Jaume Masià, battling in the leading group along the race for the podium positions, it was clear from the beginning that it was going to be a hectic race until the very last moment.
- With a strong pace, Jaume Masià managed to take the front after some overtakes, leading the race with 6 laps to go.
- In the meantime, Tatsuki Suzuki continued to recover positions, placing himself at the end of the leading group in 8th place.
- On the last lap, Jaume Masià was holding a strong lead when he was overtaken by the three riders behind, dropping to 4th and fighting tooth and nail in the final corners to take a well-deserved second consecutive podium with a 3rd position. Tatsuki Suzuki crossed the line in 8th position to finish in style a good weekend after a very difficult situation coming back from a foot fracture.
- We can’t wait to see what’s to come next! See you in Le Mans in two weeks time!
Jaume Masià, 3rd
“It could have been a victory, but I’m super happy with this third position. I had Jerez marked on the calendar as one of the tracks where we were going to struggle, and look how it went! I want to dedicate this podium to my team, for every moment, every little detail and their hard work. It wouldn’t be possible without them”
Tatsuki Suzuki, 8th
“It has been a good weekend for us! I’m happy that we finished in 8th position, taking some important points, because it hasn’t been easy coming back from injury. Now I’m looking forward to Le Mans, where I’m sure I’ll feel better, and where I’ll arrive more than ready to give my best!”