Jaume Masia takes third consecutive podium at Le Mans
With another podium from Jaume Masià and a good comeback from Tatsuki Suzuki, Le0pard Racing completes the French Grand Prix with a positive outcome of what's been a rollercoaster weekend:
- Race day started in Le Mans with sunny skies and warmer temperatures.
- Le0pard riders Jaume Masià and Tatsuki Suzuki started the race from the 7th and the 24th spots on the grid.
- In a great start to the race, both riders climbed positions, with Jaume Masià placed 6th and Tatsuki Suzuki 22nd.
- Inside the leading group during the whole race, Jaume Masià made it to podium positions with 6 laps to go, pushing hard and setting some fast laps along the whole race.
- In the meantime, Japanese rider Tatsuki Suzuki kept moving up, showing a consistent pace and finishing the race 13th, 11 places up from his grid position.
- Dropping from 2nd to 3rd, Spanish rider Jaume Masià managed the last laps strongly, making it impossible for the rider in 4th to overtake him.
- At the end, Jaume Masiá crossed the finish line in 3rd position, claiming his third podium in a row this season and the 20th of his career.
- The next stop is Mugello in four weeks time!
Jaume Masià, 3rd
"I was riding at the limit. It’s been a tough race, but I tried my best and I'm happy to have achieved another podium. I was struggling on the brakes at the end, but I wanted to defend the 3rd position and I managed to do it. Once again, I just want to thank the team for their great and hard work"
Tatsuki Suzuki, 13th
"I wasn't competitive this weekend. I tried hard to get the best possible result today after struggling yesterday in qualifying. After all, I can be happy that I moved up 11 positions today, but we are not where we should be, and that is something we need to keep working on"