Jaume Masia takes victory on a last-lap thriller at Assen
Le0pard Racing rider Jaume Masià puts the finishing touch to the Dutch Grand Prix with a stunning victory at the iconic TT Circuit Assen!
- With sunny skies and warm temperatures, the last day of racing before the summer break got underway in style at Assen.
- Le0pard Racing started the race from the 8th and the 15th spots on the grid with Jaume Masiá and Adrián Fernández respectively.
- On a good start to the race, a strong Jaume Masiá kept himself inside the large leading group. The Spaniard started to recover positions in the first laps, hitting the front for the first time with 17 laps to go.
- After some challenging laps in which Jaume Masiá lost some positions, the Le0pard rider pushed hard to climb back into the lead.
- With 5 laps to go and with Jaume Masiá leading again the race, the Assen classic continued with a breathtaking ending.
- Being overtaken in the final sector on the final lap, Jaume Masià fought tooth and nail to recover the lead at the Gert Timmer chicane to claim a stunning victory.
- On the other side of the box, Adrián Fernández struggled as he crashed in the early stages of the race due to a contact from another rider, which force him to retire.
- By claiming his first victory of the season and Honda's 250th in the lightweight class, Jaume Masià sits in 2nd position in the Moto3 Riders’ Championship, closing the gap to 16 points.
- Le0pard Racing now heads into the summer break pleased with the work done, eager to keep fighting and collecting moments of success.
Jaume Masià, 1st
"It was about time! I needed this victory to go into the summer break with a good taste. I already arrived at Assen with a change of mentality, we decided that it was time to push harder and take a step forward. It's difficult to fight back in these kind of races where everyone is pushing, but today I was confident, and my final manoeuvre went perfectly. I just want to thank the team, this victory wouldn't have been possible without them"
Adrián Fernández, N/C
"Today’s been tough. I was trying to recover positions when another rider clashed with me. I want to thank the team once again for this great opportunity, I’m really happy for them and for Jaume today!"