Jaume Masia tops Friday at Assen
The Dutch Grand Prix got underway at the iconic TT Circuit Assen for one last round before the Moto3 World Championship heads into the summer break, with Jaume Masià leading the way on Friday:
- The morning started in style at the Cathedral of Speed, with sunny skies welcoming the riders for Practice 1.
- Le0pard Racing led the way in the morning with Jaume Masià, who, after trying to set some fast laps, left it until a last flying lap to top the timesheets with a 1’41.667.
- In the meantime, Adrián Fernández, again in replacement of Tatsuki Suzuki, kept adapting to the bike, finishing the morning with a good feeling and in 14th position with a time of 1’42.790.
- Later on, a slightly strong wind started to blow, but the sun continued to shine.
- Track conditions were difficult when it was time for Practice 2, but both Jaume Masià and Adrián Fernández still managed to improve in the final stages of the session.
- On a strong Friday for the Spaniard, Jaume Masià also commanded Practice 2, finishing Friday on top of the combined standings with a time of 1’41.579.
- Adrián Fernández set a time of 1'42.556 to finish the first day of action in 11th position overall.
- Qualifying day awaits tomorrow!
Jaume Masià, 1st
“I’m happy with how everything went today! We had a lot of moments, specially with the front tyre, but we saved them all. My goal for tomorrow is to feel 100% confident with the front tyre and be able to push even more. We’ll keep working hard this afternoon!”
Adrián Fernández, 11th
“It’s been a very positive day! We’ve been able to ride more in dry conditions, which has helped us to improve in some areas that we couldn’t at Sachsenring. We’re still missing some details, but we’ll keep working hard. We did a great job today, I felt good on the bike”