Jaume Masià tops Friday at Buriram
The third round of the triple-header has begun! The Thailand Grand Prix kicked off today at the Chang International Circuit with Le0pard Racing on top as Jaume Masià leads Friday ahead of Adrián Fernández in 13th place. Let’s analyse it all:
- As the temperatures started to rise, Friday got underway in Buriram.
- Both Le0pard riders went out on track for Practice 1, once again eager to start the weekend on a high note.
- Jaume Masià pushed hard from the beginning of the session trying to improve his lap time and also his feeling, specially on the rear, finishing Practice 1 on top with a time of 1’42.318, only a quarter of a second off the record already.
- For his part, Adrián Fernández started the session strongly, but struggled to find a faster pace as the clock ticked down, setting a time of 1’43.534 to finish Practice 1 in 16th place.
- The afternoon came with Practice 2 and even warmer conditions.
- Lap times didn’t improve until the late stages of the session as the grip dropped a bit while the temperature reached 47ºC on track.
- Having already shown his strength in hot conditions throughout this season, Jaume Masià was the only rider to set red sectors in Practice 2 today. The Spaniard set a 1’42.319 as his best time of the session, just one thousandth away from his best time of the day, a 1’42.318 that puts him on top of the combined on Friday.
- On the other side of the box, Adrián Fernández was able to improve both the feeling and his time during the afternoon, finishing Friday in 13th place on the combined timesheets with a time of 1’43.146.
- Qualifying day awaits!
Jaume Masià, 1st
“It was quite hot, so it wasn’t easy at all. I’m very happy with today’s result, but we still need to improve the rhythm. It’s difficult to keep it and it’s difficult to manage it when the grip drops like this afternoon. We have to work on it so that we can adapt properly”
Adrián Fernández, 13th
“This track is not an easy one for me. I struggled to find the feeling with the bike today, but step by step and always with hard work, we are reaching our goals. Tomorrow it will be key to go directly into Q2 and qualify in a good position”