Jaume Masià tops Friday at Catalunya
The eleventh round of the 2023 season is on! The Catalan Grand Prix has started in style for Le0pard Racing, with Jaume Masià on top of the timesheets today and Tatsuki Suzuki in sixth position:
- Great weather and sunny skies welcomed the first day of action at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
- Looking forward to starting the weekend on the right foot, both Le0pard riders Jaume Masià and Tatsuki Suzuki went out on track for Practice 1.
- In a strong start, Jaume Masià topped the session form the early stages of it, showing a great rhythm. In the meantime, Tatsuki Suzuki struggled at first, but gradually improved his feeling.
- As times were getting faster towards the end of the session, Jaume Masià pushed hard to get back on top, finishing Practice 1 in first position by more than six tenths with a time of 1’48.300. For his part, Tatsuki Suzuki improved on his last run to finish the morning in 4th place with a time of 1’49.015.
- The afternoon awaited for Practice 2 with warmer conditions, making it difficult to improve the lap times until the very last stages of the session.
- Neither Jaume Masià was able to improve his morning time, nor was anyone else able to beat it, so the Spaniard's time remained untouched and he finished Friday on top at Montmeló.
- Tatsuki Suzuki showed a steady pace in the afternoon, however, he couldn’t improve his time either, moving into 6th position on the combined with the time he set in the morning.
- We'll keep an eye on the weather, but qualifying day lies ahead tomorrow, come rain or shine!
Jaume Masiá, 1st
“During the morning we were very competitive, I felt quite comfortable. However, in the afternoon, we struggled with the hotter conditions and the rear grip. We’ll analyse everything today in order to be competitive whatever the conditions!”
Tatsuki Suzuki, 6th
"Although we had some difficulties at the beginning, we were able to make a step forward today. There are still some details to polish, but if we continue to work in this direction, I'm positive that we can be very competitive this weekend"