Jaume Masià tops Friday at Lusail
The 19th round of the season is on! The Qatar Grand Prix got underway today under the lights of the Lusail International Circuit, with Le0pard Racing on top as Jaume Masià finishes Friday as the fastest while Adrián Fernández sits in 21st:
- Friday kicked off when the sun was still out at Lusail, welcoming the riders for Practice 1 in the afternoon.
- Jaume Masià started the day strongly, setting a good pace from the early stages of the session, also topping the timesheets early on. The Spaniard continued to push in his second run, improving his time in every sector, setting a 2'09.817, but finishing in 2nd place at the end.
- For his part, Adrián Fernández put in a constant rhythm throughout the whole afternoon session, finishing in 12th position with a time of 2'11.257.
- The night awaited for Practice 2, with all eyes on the timesheets as the times were expected to be much faster, with plenty of room for improvement for both Le0pard riders.
- Jaume Masià took to the track for Practice 2 to start improving from the first lap he set. Pushing to find a faster lap time, and despite the heavy traffic, the Spaniard put in a 2'06.794 to finish Friday at Lusail in 1st position on top of the timesheets.
- Adrián Fernández struggled to find the feeling in Practice 2, setting a time of 2'08.813 as his best time today, finishing in 21st position on the combined.
- Qualifying day awaits tomorrow!
Jaume Masià, 1st
"The track was very dirty in the afternoon, it was very slippery. Then, in Practice 2, it was much better. I had some difficulties due to the traffic on track, but I found a good pace and I felt very good. Today we were able to keep improving and I'm quite happy with the work we did!”
Adrián Fernández, 21st
"I found it very difficult this afternoon as there was sand everywhere on the track. However, we were able to gather some information to understand everything better. In Practice 2 I wasn't able to set a faster time with the new tyres. Tomorrow we'll keep trying our best"