Xavi Artigas finishes 9th in Jerez
The Grand Prix of Spain has come to its end and we've seen both sides of the coin. Xavi Artigas has crossed the line 9th by scoring points for the first time after a difficult start of the season, and teammate Dennis Foggia hasn't been able to finish the race.
Our Sunday has been characterized by these moments:
- Xavi Artigas started from the 17th spot of the grid and had to overtake rivals as the laps went by, he got to the front group at some stages of the race and fought for the top10 positions consistently.
- Dennis Foggia had to deal with a difficult situation: starting from the 23rd place of the grid and having to undergo a long lap penalty, the Italian had to face a complicated challenge.
- Artigas kept his race under control, overtook when necessary, and wait to attack when things were tricky. A clever mindset.
- Three laps to the end, Dennis Foggia suffered a crash.
- This is the first finished race for Xavi Artigas this season.
Let’s keep working and let’s try it again in two weeks in Le Mans!
Xavi Artigas, 9th
"It's been a positive race, we've finally scored points and finish a race. We still need to work but we've been in front and we've done a good race. Now it's time to think about Le Mans!"
Dennis Foggia, N/C
"I've tried my best but it's been a very difficult race. I will try to get to our position in Le Mans".