Xavi Artigas takes maiden victory in Valencia
The perfect way to top off the 2021 season! Xavi Artigas has taken his Moto3 maiden victory at the last round of the year, and we are super proud of the job done:
- Spaniard Xavi Artigas did a step forward at midyear and hard work has paid off as today, at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit, the young man has gotten his first victory in the Championship!
- Starting from the 17th spot of the grid, Xavi has done a tremendous comeback race in which has managed every situation, has imposed his pace and has finally got to the most desired result, the victory! And we all know the first one is the most special!
- Teammate Dennis Foggia has fought for the podium but unfortunately, he saw himself involved in a move with Acosta, who crashed, and therefore Dennis got a 3-second penalty that placed him in the 13th position. In any case, he’s grabbed some points.
- After the last race of the 2021 season, Le0pard Racing has achieved 6 victories (Dennis Foggia, 5; and Xavi Artigas today’s one) and 5 other podiums (the 5 belong to Foggia).
- The team has finished 3rd on the team’s standings having gathered 288 points.
- Dennis Foggia has ended up the season as the runner-up of the year with 216 points and 10 podiums.
- Xavi Artigas has concluded his rookie year occupying the 15th position on the general classification (72 points).
- Many thanks to everybody supporting us along the way, to our sponsors, our management, and all the crew for their intense job in every race. See you all in 2022!
Xavi Artigas, winner
"I really wanted this result, we've fought a lot to get to this day! It's an amazing feeling and the best possible result to conclude my first season as a rookie. Many thanks to everybody, it's been a difficult but great adventure!"