Grand Prix Deutschland: Sunday
Le0pard Racing completes the German Grand Prix at Sachsenring with Jaume Masià in 6th position and Adrián Fernández in 16th.
- With sunny skies and warm temperatures since early in the morning, Sunday got underway at the Sachsenring.
- Both Jaume Masià and Adrián Fernández moved up one position on the grid after another rider was penalised yesterday.
- From 5th on the grid, Jaume Masià had a difficult start to the race, clashing with another rider and dropping to 8th position in the very early stages of the race.
- On the other hand, Adrián Fernández, from the 23rd spot on the grid, made a good start and moved up a few positions.
- While the leading group opened up the gap, Jaume Masià kept fighting in the battle for 5th during the whole race, pushing hard to achieve it, but crossed the finish line in 6th position at the end.
- Showing a good rhythm, Adrián Fernández continued to climb positions to finish the race in 16th, just one place away from getting into the points.
- Although we collected some important points today, it hasn't been the best day for us. But Assen is up next, and we'll try even harder. See you next week!
Jaume Masià, 6th
"It was a difficult race. I tried to overtake the riders in front of me to follow the leading group, but they overtook me again. I can't say I'm happy with this 6th place because I know we can be more competitive. Anyway, today we scored some more important points. We’ll try again next week"
Adrián Fernández, 16th
“First race with the Honda and the team! I wish we could have ridden a bit more in the dry before the race, but today I felt good. We had a good pace and we gathered a lot of information in order to improve for Assen. I can't wait to be there!”